New Year's Resolutions
1. To not let ID/creationism into the science standards in Florida
2. To work more with children to understand science in general and geology in particular.
3. To not let silly pseudoscientific claims get under my skin.
4. When silly pseudoscientific claims do get under my skin, I will flush them out by reading Dawkins, Shermer or Sagan.
5. To be more critical of pseudoscience in general and creationism/ID in particular.
6. To visit the creation museum in Kentucky and to spend the entire tour antagonizing whomever is working there at the time.
7. To remind creationists that Jesus would probably frown upon their lies.
8. To remind ID'ers that lying for Jesus by pretending that you are something else is not a sound theological position.
9. To spend more time in public explaining science in venues like Café Scientifique, student groups on campus and anywhere else.
10. To watch Bill Dembski's slide into obscurity as he continues to embarrass the Discovery Institute (as if they don't have enough to be embarrassed about).
I do wish everybody a very Happy 2007 and hope that all the resolutions you make that don't conflict with mine come true!