/* ----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Rounders 3 Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 27 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */
Google

Monday, January 29, 2007

The Flying Spaghetti Monster Challenge: Cash Prize!

The Blasphemy challenge encourages youth to announce on YouTube their disbelief in God as part of an effort to stop the religious indoctrination of children. The Blasphemy challenge requires the following:

You may damn yourself to Hell however you would like, but somewhere in your video you must say this phrase: "I deny the Holy Spirit."

Why? Because, according to Mark 3:29 in the Holy Bible, "Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin." Jesus will forgive you for just about anything, but he won't forgive you for denying the existence of the Holy Spirit. Ever. This is a one-way road you're taking here.


The challenge is creating a lot of news and some hatred by Christians (see Fox News John Kasich). Kasich angers easily, but he is quite comical with his Heartland episode with Brian Fleming, the founder of the Blasphemy Challenge.

Not surprisingly, the religious right has countered the Blasphemy Challenge with a $25000 campaign called the "Praise the Lord Challenge". One of the 'challengees' (is that a word??) said:

"My purpose is to spread the Word and worship Him with every part of me," said one Praise the Lord Challenge respondent. "I've given Him my life, my heart, my very soul. I will never deny my Lord, my Father, my very reason to live."


Now, it seems to me that this quote reflects the reasoning behind the blasphemy challenge. Nevetheless, I'm a little pissed off that both sides are not acknowledging the one true leader of the Universe, the "Flying Spaghetti Monster". In order to overcome the blasphemy of the atheists and the christians, I have decided to fund a 2.6 million turkish lira (the old ones not the new ones) prize to the best youtube video pledging allegiance to the FSM. No doubt, one or maybe two of my 13 regular viewers will collect this award. In order to win, I will select the best YouTube video praising his noodly appendage. In order to win, your video may praise the FSM in whatever manner you choose, but it must contain the following phrase:

"I pledge my life to Pastafarianism and to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I will worship no other wheat products. His noodly appendage has touched me in meaningful and a few inappropriate ways".


Contestants may let me know when their video is posted. Selection of the winner will be based solely on my whims and particular mood at the time. The deadline for video submission is February 15th, 2007. If no one reads this blog or enters the contest, the prize money will be thrown in trash. To enter, please visit the following website.


Cheers

Joe Meert

PS: Pirates and.. the preceding post contains some sarcasm, satire and humor... for those who are challenged on those fronts, please ignore!

2 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're too quick on the draw: was the deleted post spam, or someone damning you to hell?

PS. Your challenge doesn't even mention pirates.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

and pirates!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page