/* ----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Rounders 3 Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 27 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */
Google

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Poor Design

Ok, who knows how much help this may be, but I'm willing to try. My wife has been experiencing back pain and lower leg pain and numbness for more than three months. We've tried physical therapy, drugs and rest but it's still the same. Sh had an MRI and was told she should consider surgery for a herniated disk. The literature is unclear on this. Some report that the cure (surgery) can be worse than waiting whereas others claim that the cure can bring immediate relief. I'm and anti-cutter (As is my wife), but we are going on more than 4 months of pain and change in lifestyle so we are interested in comments on how others may view this poor design and the best way to handle it.....Oh and she needs reconstructive knee surgery this summer. I recall a line from War Games along the lines of "Mr. McKitrick, after careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that your system sucks". Indeed, that's how I am beginning to feel about human anatomy.

Cheers

Joe Meert

3 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have had herniated disk pain: NO FUN. I always suggest that if it gets to the point where surgery is a serious option please consider acupuncture along with physical therapy first. It may sound silly at first but I speak from experience. It helped my herniated neck disk. At the risk of sounding like a spammer also consider a pillow I invented that alleviates my disk problem when the pain reappears. Lying on my back or facedown it corrects the herniation and alleviates the pain. It helps people with back pain also. It is strange but it works wonders. Good luck, Bob www.SquidFace.com

 
At 1:55 AM, Blogger hipparchia said...

acupuncture has helped an elderly dog [too elderly and frail for surgey] that some friends of mine rescued. the poor thing walked so stiffly because of his neck and back problems that he looked like a little wind-up toy that was about to run down.

after a couple of months or so of acupuncture treatments, he wasn't cured but he had progressed from barely walking to running with the other dogs at the park, albeit still stiffly.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We considered shoulder surgery for my wife, and discarded the idea because of the considerable chance it would not help, or could make the condition worse.

On the other hand, I had a hip replacement last year. I have a couple of numb spots from minor nerve damage, but the hip is an amazing improvement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page