/* ----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Rounders 3 Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 27 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */
Google

Friday, October 09, 2009

Obama wins Nobel???

I'm sure many people will blog on this topic. Here's my little rant. Whenever he is critized for not getting things done, his defenders say 'Give him a little more time he's only been in office a few months'. Now he wins the Nobel Peace Prize? I don't buy it. Perhaps in a few years when things are settled in Iraq and Afghanistan. Perhaps when Iran stands down her nuclear ambitions. Perhaps when Obama's actually done something to earn the prize, I'd be the first to congratulate him. Right now, it makes a mockery of the prize and I'm quite sure there were some other (more worthy) nominees. Oh, and don't forget, the nominations were due in February of this year? So he had been in office for less than a month???

My suggestion? Have Obama turn down the prize or offer the money to more deserving nominees.

Joe Meert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page